Followers

Sunday 14 July 2013

Love Of Music in China

     When you wake up in the morning and you are lucky enough to live in a place where the birds still sing at daybreak you know that God has provided the inspiration of music around us, through his creatures.  Sorry to say in many parts of the world that natural music has disappeared.  But, man, in his simplest form, a creature of God, expresses himself through song for the sheer love of the sound he can create.
Noble Court, Clifford Estates, Panyu, Guangzhou, China
     I live in Clifford Estates, Panyu district, Guangzhou, China.  I look out my window each morning to a green forest on a hill opposite my apartment's 16th floor.  In the stillness of the morning from spring to late autumn I am blessed with the natural sounds mentioned above.  In my time in Suzhou, China I was blessed with the sound of buses and cars beneath my balcony.  But, here?  I wake to the sounds of birds, frogs, and on hot days the whirr of cicadas (or their Chinese equivalent.....probably speaking Mandarin).
     This atmosphere is the natural music which I spoke of, which inspires us.
     This morning as I sat on my balcony I heard the distant beauty of a Chinese woman singing.  Because of the distance I couldn't make out the words, but the song was classical in nature almost like a Christian hymn of my early days.  But, this song was sung solo.  No piano, no organ, just the beauty of a mature woman's voice drifting across the air in the same way as the birds were doing.  She was lending her voice to the mixture as another ingredient in God's symphony.  She wasn't being drowned out by motors, or loud speakers but simply singing for "the love of music".

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed prior to posting